By Charlotte, the 28.05.2019
How to decorate a baby's room so that it is well
A new member of the family is about to arrive and you want to decorate his future room? Here are some tips to decorate a baby's room.
The arrival of a baby at home represents a significant change in the daily routine. But it also means making changes in the layout, decoration and layout of the baby's room. Here are some tips for decorating baby room.
What to put in a baby's room
The baby's room must have some essential elements to make his daily life easier (and yours). We recommend furniture in oak, birch or beech, and white color.
- Cradle: The one you choose should guarantee the safety of your baby. Its comfort is also important, so a latex mattress is recommended. In addition to being hygienic, it adapts perfectly to the little body of the baby. It is also important that the cradle has its own space in a location free from hazards such as shelves or drafts.
- Wardrobe: this is another essential element in the baby's room. This must be of a size proportional to the space of the room. The important thing is that it allows you to keep your baby's business in order.
- Chair: Have a chair for breastfeeding, especially if you want your baby to sleep in his own room.
- Auxiliary table: not obligatory but practical, a table can be useful to put objects there and to have them at hand.
Which colors and which lighting to choose
Whatever the sex of your offspring, you can play with the warmest and most delicate colors. Babies need to feel warm and calm, so pastel tones are welcome.
In most cases, the most appropriate lighting is natural light. A room with large windows will allow it to receive enough. However, it can still be supplemented with artificial light. You can opt for a ceiling lamp and a bedside lamp. Another very popular option is the adjustable lights that control their intensity.
What other supplements for a baby's room?
- Shelves and baskets: very practical for storing baby toys. A few shelves and several baskets will be enough to store baby's things.
- Changing table: it is a necessary complement if you want to have all the accessories in one place.
Finally, and to return to the visual stimuli, one of the options that gives personality to the nursery is the wallpaper. You can go, for example, to soft colors and pastel shades, with drawings of clouds, birds, raindrops (these three are classics). The list is wide and it will be difficult to make your choice. But it's worth it because your baby will enjoy a sweet, magical and healthy atmosphere.